Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Smile!

At 3am last Monday night, I witnessed one of our daughter's firsts. She was having a fussy night (fairly unusual for her), and I was exhausted (not unusual). After trying everything I could think of to soothe her, I decided she may be hungry. Despite eating just one hour before, I tried to feed her again. Much to my suprise, she was hungry and ate for about 20 minutes. As I struggled to stay awake, and not get frustrated with her, I looked down to wipe her little face, and she smiled at me. It was not the usual "Hey mom, I have gas" smile, she looked directly at me and smiled. I was convinced I was so tired, I was delusional. I picked her up to burp her, and she smiled again. I knew this was no illusion. Our little girl hit a milestone, and it absolutely melted my heart. It made every second of that late night worth it, and once again forced me to count my blessings. ( I am convinced God does this on purpose, when I am at my wits end).

Now, I get smiles daily, and I am LOVING every minute of it!! Now, I am anxiously awaiting the laughter that goes with the smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment