Monday, August 2, 2010

So, She's a little petite!

At Audrey's 4 month check up, she weighed in at 13 lbs, 25 inches long, and a head circumference of 40 centimeters. So, yes she's tiny! I hate that word. Everyone tells me she's tiny! I know she's tiny, but I prefer "petite". I have fretted over her size for a month now, but according to Dr. Revelette, she's growing perfectly. Actually, she is developmentally 6 to 8 weeks ahead of where she should be. She has been rolling over for quite a while now and he thinks she will be crawling soon, and may be walking by 8 or 9 months. He encouraged us to keep up with her activity, including toys, so she doesn't get bored! Genius!! :)
People look at me like I am crazy when I say she is bored, but he finally validated my point! Infants can get bored, score one for mom!!
I haven't quite decided on when to start her on solid food. The pediatrician recommended waiting until she is 5 months old, since she is still somewhat breastfed. The nutritional value of solids at this point isn't even close compared to breast milk or formula. I am just dying to try it to see the look on her face! I have always gone with the pediatrician's recommendations, so it is going to be hard to deviate from it. I did tell him I plan on making my own baby food, and he LOVED the idea!
I am amazed at the reactions I get when I tell people I am going to make my own baby food. Some people are wonderfully supportive, and other people look at me like I have 3 heads. I actually had a woman look at me and say, "You are just over compensating because you feel bad for working so much." Needless to say, I don't talk to her much. I plan on making my own baby food because I think it is what is best for my daughter. I want to know exactly what is going into her "tiny" body, and hopefully it will persuade her that fresh food is always best!

I have the best intentions, I just hope I can pull it off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment