Friday, October 22, 2010

Complete Sidebar....

Audrey will be 7 months old tomorrow.... I CANNOT believe it! She is losing the "baby" look, and is beginning to look more like a toddler. She is pulling herself up, babbling, clapping her hands, eating finger foods, and growing WAY to fast. It seems like yesterday I was thanking God for her safe entry into this world, now I pray that He keeps her safe, since we can't keep her still!!!

She is closer to being a year old now, which made me cry today (I am turning into a complete SAP!!) I am afraid I am going to blink, and she will be 13. That's what it feels like, anyway. I can't imagine what a mess I will be when she turns, 1 or 13, or (holding my breath) 16!!!! Everyone said "Enjoy it, she will grow up way too fast!", I thought I took that advice to heart, but I had no idea what "too fast" meant. I do not regret one single, solitary moment of holding her when she was a baby ( and I held her CONSTANTLY), although some criticized it, and told me I was spoiling her. I do not regret cuddling with her EVERY chance I had. I do not regret ANY decision we have made up to this point. I can honestly say I have enjoyed every minute I am lucky enough to have with our little "miracle". I am starting to have a little mommy panic, in that she rarely stays still long enough for me to cuddle with and hold her.... but I guess, such is life! She is exploring the world on her own, in her own little way, and I LOVE watching the expressions on her face when she discovers something new, or accomplishes something new. It is the highlight of my day!

I know all moms feel the heart break of their child's "growing" pains, and I am ok with the fact that she will one day be a wonderfully independent, smart woman......... I just wish it wasn't happening so fast.......

No comments:

Post a Comment