Thursday, August 25, 2011

MD Part II

After a day of running errands, and an hour wait at the M.D. office, I finally made it to the follow up appointment! So far, my blood sugar is no worse! Thank God! It's not better, but at least it's not worse. The problem right now, is my blood sugar is fluctuating, causing my dizzy spells and exhaustion. That combined with my low iron levels makes for a very crappy feeling momma! I have also lost some weight, which earned me the "eye" from the doctor. At 32 weeks pregnant, I have gained 7.5 lbs. That number freaked me out! The doc said it wasn't a huge concern, but in order to kill 2 birds with one stone persay, I have to eat something at least every 2 hours during the day. This should not only keep my blood sugar stable, it will keep me from losing more weight. Whew!! That, I can definitely do!! I was seriously worried that the doc was going to put me on medication, or something was going to be horribly wrong, but considering the situation, I got the best news possible today!! Talk about stress relief! I still have that nagging worry in the back of my head, but that will not go away until our little girl is here! Now I just need to focus on taking care of myself and prepared to meet our baby!!!

In other news, Audrey has hit a growth spurt! I woke her up to get her ready Monday, and it took 15 minutes to find her some clothes that fit... Oy!! I guess it's long overdue, but it makes me a little sad ;) My little girl is growing too fast, and momma isn't quite ready for it. I guess I just need to brace myself and accept it. She is already acting so much older than her 17 months. I do not want to force her to "grow up too fast" with the introduction of baby #2... but I am afraid she is going to anyway! It's just in her personality I suppose. I have also noticed that she is getting bored with her "little" girl toys, so we will be shopping for "big" girl toys too!! I guess there are worse things I could do than go shopping for "our girls" this weekend!! (Love the sound of that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment