Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Catching up...

I have missed so many things I intended to blog  about.....Livi got her ear tubes but still has some hearing difficulty that we are watching, I was offered a promotion (twice) at work, Audrey is learning something new everyday and acting more and more like a little girl, Livi is crawling, we had hardwood floor put in the entire 1st floor of the house, I reconnected with some family members that I lost contact with years ago, we just found out Livi may need surgery on her eye.....Need I go on??

As you can see...things have been a little crazy around here!! Most days that is an understatement....I actually started this post on August 2nd..I am finishing on August 29th. See what I mean ?!?


So here's a short catch up....

Livi started crawling 4 weeks ago, and she is off and exploring. She is all smiles 90% of the time, and she has  such a wonderful little gummy smile. We can see the beginnings of her 1st tooth coming through, so it looks like she will have them by the 10 month mark...I CANNOT believe my baby is already 9 months old!! At her check up she weighed in at 19 pounds! I think this little stinker is going to be a bit bigger than her little sister, probably by design, just in case she needs to defend herself (and I am sure she will!!) This little girl is such a sneak! She will creep around whatever Audrey is playing with and snatch it, crawl away and laugh..I am sure there is more of that in my future ;) She isn't sleeping in her room yet, but she is finally starting to sleep better so I am hoping to transition her soon. I love cuddling with my little girl, but it would be nice for the husband and I to have our bed back, and be able to get a good night sleep without waking up with a toe in my eye and her head in his armpit, or vice versa. But, babies are only babies for a little while, so I am soaking it up with my lil' pumpkin! Who knows how long it will be before I get to cuddle this much again, right?!?

Audrey, well, she is a mess! She is constantly learning something new, and amazing us with how quickly she problem solves and puts things together. Today she came home from daycare and said
"Mother (yes she said, mother) can we go to the zoo and see the tigers?" After I replied that we may do that later, since we have been recently, she said"That's ok we can just go to the park".  Wow! She can identify several letters, and gets her numbers in order most of the time. She can count objects up to three at this point, so we are working on both. She is just a little sponge soaking up everything she can. She speaks well for her age, so I am told. She acts so much older than 2, it is hard for me to remember that she is a toddler and I think I expect too much, so I am working on that!

Part II


As I finish this blog post, 27 days after I started it, I can report that Livi has 2 new bottom teeth, is picking up different sounds, and I am pretty sure she is trying to say "dog", which comes out "gog". We have also fought an ear infection since I started this post. Fun times. She is starting to pull up on the furniture, the leg of my pants, the pack-n-play, and anything she can get her hands on. Last night she "walked" behind her activity table as it slid from the couch to the entertainement center. I am on borrowed time with this one ;) She will be off and running in no time.

I worried for a long time, about "being enough mom" for both girls. So many thoughts ran through my head "Can you really love any other baby like you love Audrey?, Are you really going to be able to divide your time with 2 kids so close in age?? Are you going to be able to give them all the love they need?" etc. etc. etc. These thoughts plagued my mind; revolving door stlye. I realized recently, though that  God designed a momma's heart to hold so much more love than I thought was possible. The amount of love I have for my girls is overwhelming sometimes, but always wonderful! These girls were "wonderfully and fearfully" made and entrusted to me for a reason. We consider Audrey our miracle, and Livi our blessing...My girls not only have my heart, they are my heart!

I am signing off tonight, with a promise to myself to update this blog more often. I hope it will serve as a journal of sorts for my girls. I have to do better recording memories and their life as they grow up.....which will happen way too fast I'm sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment