Sunday, May 29, 2011

Life afer tubes...

Everyone told me how different Audrey would be after her tubes were put in, but I could not imagine a happier, more content baby. I was wrong! Not only is she happier, she eats better (we are hoping to break the 20 pound mark soon), she sleeps better, and obviously, she FEELS better! The past 10 days have been remarkable.

In the past 10 days, she has started walking, given up her night time bottle, picked up a few more words, and has become a very expressive child who wants to explore EVERYTHING! It is pretty impressive, if you ask me, but I am kind of biased :)

Most importantly, I can tell a HUGE difference in how she feels. She laughs more, and is constantly on the move. When dealing with all of her ear infections, sometimes she would just want to sit and play with her books, or want me to hold her all the time. She was a happy baby, but she didn't laugh unless she deemed something hilarious. Now, she is exploring and getting into everything, and constantly laughing.

The doctor removed fluid and infection from both of her ears. When we originally went in for the consultation he told us her hearing was "impaired" and the fluid was throwing off her balance. I didn't realized how much that alone was affecting her. The day we brought her home, she seemed to be able to hear better, and her balance improved instantly. Every single second of being anxious and worried about the surgery was worth it. It is such a relief to know how much better our baby feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment