Tuesday, May 31, 2011

19 weeks in...

19 weeks into this pregnancy, and I am already hot and tired!! I am actually showing a bit now, so that is at least a little visible reminder that it is all worth it!
At my last doctor's appointment, I got the "eye" because I had not gained any weight, I actually lost a few more pounds, so I have been trying to remind myself to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks a day. For some reason, that is no easy feat. I am not "starving" all the time, and some days, I just forget to eat. Yes, I know how stupid that sounds. It's almost as if I have no appetite with this pregnancy.. it's very weird!  We also talked about my headaches again. Apparently, those brain squeezing headaches I have been experiencing are tension headaches. (I didn't even realize I was stressed!) He gave me some medication to take when the headache becomes unbearable, which was my compromise since I hate taking medication while pregnant. This is a much milder medication than what he originally suggested, and now that I think about it, I think that this medication was his intention all along. Apparently, he knows me pretty well. After a fairly long discussion, he finally persuaded me that the benefit of the medication far out weighed the risk to the baby. After I thought about it I realized I stopped taking the fertility drugs because they made me feel horrible.  I didn't want to be unfair to Audrey. Well, it was pretty unfair of me not to think about her in this process, because a mom with a wicked headache is no fun! So far I have only had to take 2 pills, so I don't think that's too awful!

My next appointment is next week. Yes, it is THAT appointment. We have the choice of finding out if we are having a girl or boy. I knew it was a girl before we walked into the doctor's office when we found out Ms. Audrey was on the way, so I am betting my instinct is right this time. I still haven't decided if I want to know, and according to Jeremy it doesn't matter to him either this time.  Looks like we will be making a spur of the moment decision.

We are having a really hard time with names, which surprised me. Last time we had it narrowed down to 2 names by 20 weeks. This time, we aren't even close to narrowing it down. We are toying with the idea of keeping the name a secret if we find out if it's a girl or boy. We really enjoyed keeping Audrey's sex a secret. Knowing what no one else did, gave us a little more time to bond with her before we shared her with the world.  We haven't decided for sure if we are going to "let the cat out of the bag" or not. We have to be able to at least decide on a name before we make any more decisions.....

No comments:

Post a Comment