Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Nausea Purgatory

That's where I am at the moment, nausea purgatory! Morning, noon and night... NO fun! This pregnancy is a little different than the last, which I find odd, because it was just last year; but it is different, none the less. I seem to be more tired this time, I assume because I am chasing a 13 month old. The nausea level is about the same as I remember with Audrey maybe a little worse, but not much. If history repeats its self I will be feeling better next week (15 weeks). But, the headaches, oh my, the headaches are awful! I have experienced the occasional migraine in my life, but they pale in comparison to pregnancy headaches (that's my term for them). I have talked to the MD, and blames the hormones and  offered me some fairly strong meds , but I am not comfortable taking them. So far, the only way they have been remotely tolerable, is to make sure I have some sort of caffeine on a daily basis. I don't drink alot of it, a few sips seem to make the headache tolerable, and according to the MD anything less than 300 milligrams is acceptable. I don't even come close to hitting that number, so I am ok with it for now, but am hoping to quit drinking it completely in a few weeks.

Other than those "few" complaints, I am starting to get some of my energy back.... YAY!!! I am trying to push myself through these last few weeks until I feel better,  telling myself that "mom's don't get days off". And let's be realistic, with two kids under two, I will have zero time to be "sick", so I am looking at this as preparation for the future ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment