Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The 5 days of Christmas...

yes, that's right! 5 days of Christmas!!
Audrey's first Christmas was phenomenal!! We had such a wonderful time! I can hardly wiat until next year. Unfortunately, I felt like we over exhausted her. We had 5 Christmases, 5 days in a row and ended up with an overtired, screaming baby. Next year, my goal is to plan MUCH better.

Thursday night, we had Christmas with my sister. Friday night we had Christmas with Jeremy's Granny and family, Saturday, santa stopped by, we went to Nana's then back home for dinner. Sunday we had Christmas with Jeremy's other granny, Jeremy's dad, and then immediately went to have Christmas with his step-dad's family. Monday night we had Christmas with my dad. Of course, in between all this I was working 9 hour days, driving 3 hours a day and only had Christmas day off... Sound like it was out of control?? Well, it kind of was!
Obviously, Jeremy and I knew Audrey was tired, but since she's NEVER fussy, very few people understood our concern. Then by 8:30 or 9pm, we had an exhausted, screaming baby. Like I said, next year we will definitely plan better!

With that said, Christmas was wonderful!! Obviously, Ms. Audrey is ridiculously spoiled by EVERYONE! My favorite part of the whole season, was sitting her in front of the Christmas tree, Christmas morning and just looking at her little face. She was in AWE! She just looked at the tree, then the gifts, then looked at us, back to the gifts, and the cutest little smile came across her face. Obiously, she was just excited to be able to tear into the gifts (which I wrapped in adorable, sparkly paper for her), and be around the tree, but it was still adorable!! I can hardly wait until next year. I am sure it will go down in the books as an awesome Christmas, expecially since Kayden will be up and active. I have a feeling the two of them will wreak havoc on Nana's house next year, and I cannot wait.

I have a ton of pics to post later, but I wanted to make sure I put a "little" blog up about Christmas. It is my absolute favorite time of the year, and I was able to record some of Audrey's 1st Christmas. I feel Christmas takes on a whole new meaning when you are a mommy. It truly does become about someone else....hence the selflessness of the season.....

No comments:

Post a Comment